Precautionary measures and early treatment can help you reduce the potential risk of stroke, heart disease (heart attack or heart failure), and kidney failure. To treat high blood pressure, you can take the following steps;
- Reach and maintain healthy body weight.
- Take a nutritious diet that must contain fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, poultry, fish, non-tropical vegetable oils, and nuts. Avoid high saturated and trans fats such as sweets, beverages, and red meats. Moreover, don’t consume too much sodium in your regular diet.
- Remain physically active.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid excess of alcohol usage.
- Strictly take the medication as prescribed by your health care professional.
- Keep aware of the normal blood pressure level and maintain its normal range.
Was This Content Helpful?